A Passion for Baking
Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments
I first made these by chance: I was going to use buttercream as a
filling but when I opened the fridge I noticed some little pots of mousse
I’d made the night before, so I tried them instead. And my, do they work
well: they are like the best Bourbons you’ve tasted. You will need to
make the chocolate mousse well in advance.
- CraftyCat added Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments to Cooking 17 Jun 18:13
- Maxine M. added Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments to To-make list 28 Mar 22:49
- Ida T. added Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments to Food 08 Dec 12:19
- Amanda A. favorited Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments 26 Nov 05:40
- PsychoticWeirdo favorited Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments 26 Nov 03:43
- angie added Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments to baking 14 Nov 06:32
- angie favorited Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments 14 Nov 06:32
- Roxie K. favorited Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments 23 Oct 00:11
- Leigh C. favorited Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments 17 Oct 02:49
- Ashley S. favorited Chocolate Mousse Melting Moments 15 Oct 18:39
Start by making the chocolate mousse filling.
Finely chop the dark and milk chocolate and tip
into a bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan
until it is just below boiling point and then pour
over the chopped chocolate and stir gently until
the chocolate has melted. Add the egg yolk and
icing sugar and stir until smooth and glossy.
Chill until set.
Make the melting moments. Combine the butter,
icing sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a free-standing
mixer or food processor and blend until light and
fluffy. Sift the flour, cornflour and cocoa into the
bowl and beat until smooth.
Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with
a large, open star nozzle and pipe 30 swirls onto
the lined baking tray. Chill the melting moments
in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
Bake the melting moments on the middle shelf
of the preheated oven for 12–15 minutes until firm.
Leave to cool on the baking tray.
Spoon the chocolate mousse into the clean piping
bag; pipe onto 15 of the cookies and then sandwich
with the remaining cookies.
Remember – this recipe contains raw egg,
so be careful who you feed it to!