Mary Berry's Cookery Course
I like chocolate mousse to be rich in flavour with a light, silky texture, and a hint of coffee makes it extra special. The beauty of a dessert like this is that you can spoon it into individual dishes, pop it in the fridge, and it’s all ready to serve when needed.
© 2019 Mary Berry · Reproduced with permission. · Mary Berry's Cookery Course, published by DK, £25, dk.com
- Leigh C. favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 05 Feb 02:36
- D W. favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 07 Sep 18:23
- HerNameIsAlixx added Chocolate Mocha Mousse to to try! 28 May 10:24
- Emma H. favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 18 May 12:55
- Taylor T. favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 07 Apr 14:01
- Cheychey favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 04 Mar 08:44
- Zombie Babe favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 16 Feb 09:15
- ale_corason favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 25 Jan 04:18
- AbsintheFairy favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 20 Jan 17:59
- Ruby J. favorited Chocolate Mocha Mousse 20 Jan 04:00
Break the chocolate into a large heatproof bowl and set it over a pan
of gently simmering water, as shown below. The base of the bowl should not touch the water. Leave until just melted, then remove the pan from the heat, stir, and leave the chocolate to cool slightly.
Put the egg yolks and sugar in a medium heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, as above. Whisk with an electric hand whisk on low speed for 4 minutes, or use a balloon whisk, which will take a little longer.
When the mixture has become paler and thicker, remove the bowl from the heat and continue whisking for a further minute. Set aside to cool slightly, stirring occasionally so the mixture does not stiffen. If it does, stir in 1–2 teaspoons of the crème fraîche to slacken.
Pour the cream into a medium mixing bowl and sprinkle over the coffee. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold in the crème fraîche. Fold the cream mixture into the cooled dark chocolate, then fold in the egg yolk mixture. Make sure everything is well combined.
Spoon into glasses and chill for 1 hour. Decorate with chocolate curls, as shown below, or finely grated chocolate (using chilled chocolate).