This is such a simple dish, made using the traditional French method
Makes about 24 mini meringues
- Alli W. added Chocolate Meringue to Nom Noms 18 Sep 18:23
- Alli W. favorited Chocolate Meringue 18 Sep 18:23
- Cheychey added Chocolate Meringue to Foooooood 07 Oct 03:08
- Rebecca M. favorited Chocolate Meringue 23 Jun 23:28
- johan S. favorited Chocolate Meringue 16 Sep 07:03
- Peter J. favorited Chocolate Meringue 15 Sep 06:50
- Evan H. favorited Chocolate Meringue 15 Sep 05:24
- blancastalley added Chocolate Meringue to favorite must try 13 Sep 00:11
- Neal C. favorited Chocolate Meringue 27 Aug 06:34
- Vicky C. favorited Chocolate Meringue 27 Aug 05:41
Preheat the oven to 110°C (225°F/Gas ¼) and line a baking tray (sheet) with silicone (baking) paper.
Put the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on a slow speed, gradually adding the caster
(superfine) sugar and increasing the speed. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in the icing (powdered/pure) sugar and cocoa powder – do not overwork the mixture.
Spoon into a piping (pastry) bag, snip a hole in the end and pipe 3.5cm (1½ inch) bulbs onto the tray. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs and bake for 1½ hours, lowering the oven to its lowest setting (or leaving the door slightly ajar) halfway through baking. Leave to cool and then dip the bases in tempered chocolate