Popcorn is mixed with crispy rice cereal and chocolate and peanut butter, then pressed into a square baking tray, covered with a rich chocolate glaze, and cut into squares.
- Cat Morley added Chocolate Glazed Popcorn Squares to Food Festival Munchies 20 Jun 05:41
- Rosalie E. favorited Chocolate Glazed Popcorn Squares 17 Mar 13:39
- Jasmine Cora favorited Chocolate Glazed Popcorn Squares 11 Mar 01:24
- Sarah B. added Chocolate Glazed Popcorn Squares to Food 08 Mar 05:31
- heather r. added Chocolate Glazed Popcorn Squares to Food Items to make 07 Mar 20:24
- Apple Press published her project Chocolate Glazed Popcorn Squares 20 Jan 15:30
You Will Need
Lightly butter a 30 x 30-cm (12 x 12-in) baking tray. Place the popcorn and crispy rice cereal in a large bowl.
In a large saucepan over a gentle heat, warm the sugar and golden syrup together, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Add the peanut butter and milk chocolate chips, and stir until well mixed. Remove from the heat and pour over the popcorn and rice cereal. Mix together quickly, then transfer the mixture to the buttered baking tray, press into the edges, and smooth the top. Cool completely.
To make the glaze, in a small saucepan over a gentle heat, melt the butter with the milk, add the cocoa powder and icing sugar, and stir together quickly, using a wooden spoon. Keep stirring until the glaze is smooth and glossy. Cool slightly, then smooth over the cooled popcorn in the tray. Leave until cooled completely before cutting into 16 squares. Store for up to 4 days.