The Ice Creamery Cookbook
MAKES ABOUT 1 QUART
This gelato is vegan, though you would never guess it by the rich and full mouthfeel that good-quality dark chocolate and coconut milk provide. When churned in an ice cream machine the texture is creamy and luscious, as if actual cream were included in the recipe.
- RareJewel favorited Chocolate Coconut Gelato 20 Jun 06:50
- Writing M. added Chocolate Coconut Gelato to Summer Party 19 May 13:50
- Oriana F. added Chocolate Coconut Gelato to foodie 15 Aug 22:41
- Oriana F. favorited Chocolate Coconut Gelato 15 Aug 22:41
- BlackCherry favorited Chocolate Coconut Gelato 11 Aug 19:39
- HylianWriter534 favorited Chocolate Coconut Gelato 04 Aug 01:03
- amalia.syamra commented on Chocolate Coconut Gelato 24 Jul 04:34
- KelliDroze added Chocolate Coconut Gelato to Sweet 19 Jul 08:47
- kkit12 favorited Chocolate Coconut Gelato 19 Jul 01:14
- Toxic Cupcake Killjoy favorited Chocolate Coconut Gelato 17 Jul 15:56
In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, coconut water, and cocoa powder and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar and cocoa powder are completely dissolved and a syrup has formed. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until completely melted. Add the coconut milk, rum, and salt and stir well. Let cool to
Pour the cooled mixture into a blender or food processor and process until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until very cold, at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
Pour the cold mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve the gelato right away, or spoon it into a freezer-safe container, place parchment or waxed paper directly on the surface, cover tightly, and freeze for up to 3 days.
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED CHOCOLATE- COCONUT BARS
Freeze the gelato in an ice cream bar mold until solid, at least 2 hours or up to 3 days. Unmold the frozen bars and dip the top halves into 8 ounces melted bittersweet chocolate,
then coat the chocolate with 1⁄2 cup finely shredded dried coconut.