Two sweets combined to make an amazing treat!
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
1 tbl Ener-G powder or 1.5 tbl ground flax seeds
1/4 cup water
1 cup Earth Balance margarine
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Earth Balance margarine
1/2 cup shortening
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
one tiny pinch baking soda
2 tbsp. almond or soy milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
You'll also need one batch of your favorite from scratch or boxed cake mix. Optional buy highly recommended is another half cup of mini chocolate chips to top the cupcakes!
- Shantelle t. added Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes to food!! 02 Oct 02:38
- ktull329 favorited Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes 15 Sep 02:43
- katie q. favorited Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes 09 Sep 11:21
- kiki w. added Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes to cupcakes 18 Jul 16:59
- foodismyfamily favorited Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes 17 Jul 16:14
- MewStrawberry added Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes to To do 06 Jul 07:42
- MewStrawberry favorited Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes 06 Jul 07:42
- Naomi D. favorited Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes 23 Jun 21:20
- Grimgirl101 favorited Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes 20 Jun 21:52
- emilyw24 favorited Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes 09 Jun 04:27
First we're gonna make the cookie dough.
Combine Ener-G powder or flax meal with warm water and allow to thicken for 3 minutes. Cream Earth Balance and sugars. Add egg replacer & vanilla to the creamed margarine. Slowly mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Using either a teaspoon or small scoop portion 16 scoops of cookie dough. Roll into tiny balls and place into freezer for 2 hours.
Scoop the remaining cookie dough into balls, between the size of a dime and a nickel. Bake them at 350 degrees F for 6-9 minutes until the edges are crisp. Reserve these for the tops of the cupcakes.
Make your favorite vanilla cake recipe that normally makes one dozen cupcakes. I used the recipe from the cookbook Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
Scoop the batter into liners until they are about 1/3 full. You should be able to fill sixteen cupcake liners. Then add a ball of your frozen cookie dough to the center.
Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes until the top of the cake is firm. Sticking a toothpick in isn't going to help you check for doneness, since we are going for raw cookie dough in the middle!
While the cupcakes are cooling it's time to make your frosting. Combine the Earth Balance and shortening and beat until fluffy. Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add the remaining ingredient and beat on high for several minutes until the frosting is fluffy again.
Pipe onto the cakes, top with a mini chocolate chip cookie and an additional sprinkle of mini chocolate chips if desired!