- Leigh C. favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 05 Feb 02:30
- Tess added Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. to food 02 Jun 23:56
- Gabrielle S. favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 29 May 21:35
- GoddessGirl favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 04 May 20:54
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 05 Apr 17:01
- shehawk12woman favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 03 Apr 01:21
- Temperanceluvr favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 29 Mar 02:14
- Fiona C. favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 29 Mar 00:06
- Suzi T. favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 28 Mar 18:21
- acid favorited Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cupcakes. 27 Mar 11:30
You Will Need
For the cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cake cups. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk and the vanilla. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter until smooth.
Add the granulated sugar and the brown sugar and mix until fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
Add the chocolate and mix well.
Add 1/3 of the flour/ baking soda mixture, mix well. Alternate with the buttermilk vanilla mixture and flour mixture, ending with the flour and baking soda. Mix until incorporated, do not over mix, it should resemble chocolate mousse.
Fill each cake cup 2/3 full with the mixture using an ice cream scoop.
For the coffee buttercream:
In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the butter until light and fluffy.
Add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Start slowly or you will end up covered in powdered sugar.
Add the cold coffee and heavy cream. If the mixture is too thick, add 1 more tablespoon heavy cream.
Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with closed star tip and pipe onto cupcakes.
For the chocolate sauce:
Heat the heavy cream and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add the chocolate while stirring, until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
To assemble the cupcakes:
Take a cooled muffin. Cut a circle about 1 inch in diameter and 2/3 of the way down the inside of the muffin, will be in the shape of a cone. Remove and set aside.
Drizzle into the hole the salted caramel sauce until 2/3 full.
Take the cone piece that was cut out and remove the cone so you are left with a circular 'lid'. Place back on top of the muffin.
*To melt chocolate, place in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, check and stir. Keep doing this until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to overheat.
*To toast pecans, add to a small skillet. Cook over low heat, turning often, until you start to smell them and they are evenly browned.