These beautiful cake pops are pretty treats that are appreciated by children and adults alike!!
This recipe makes 10 cake pops.
For the cake crumbs, you can use leftover cake crumbs or use a store-bought mix.
For the chocolate ganache, simply combine 100 ml cream with 65 ml dark chocolate, melted.
- Maxine M. added Chocolate Cake Pops to To-make list 11 Apr 06:45
- jade.owen.338 added Chocolate Cake Pops to Cakes 11 Apr 08:19
- Birgit added Chocolate Cake Pops to Dessert 06 Apr 15:44
- JJ J. added Chocolate Cake Pops to food 14 Mar 13:19
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Chocolate Cake Pops to foods 26 Jan 00:09
- laura.loof favorited Chocolate Cake Pops 13 Jan 14:59
- Syb' favorited Chocolate Cake Pops 06 Jan 22:38
- JJ J. favorited Chocolate Cake Pops 02 Jan 16:00
- Anna J. favorited Chocolate Cake Pops 29 Dec 19:08
- Birgit favorited Chocolate Cake Pops 28 Dec 08:43
Place the cake crumbs in a large bowl.
Add the chocolate ganache spoonful by spoonful to the mixture and combine the two.
Add just enough ganache so that the crumbs bind together so that you can form them into balls.
Take a bit of the cake mixture and roll into a ball.
Place it on a baking sheet that has been lined with some non-stick paper.
Once all the balls have been formed, place the baking sheet in the freezer for thirty minutes to harden up.
Remove the baking sheet after thirty minutes. Take a lollipop stick, dip it in some melted chocolate and stick it into a cake ball, about halfway through.
Once all done, pop them back into the freezer to harden up for atleast fifteen minutes.
Melt white chocolate in a double boiler.
Remove the cake pops from the freezer.
One by one immerse the cake pops completely in the melted white chocolate until they are completely coated.
Hold them over the bowl until all the excess chocolate drips off and then place them standing up in a glass and into the refrigerator to set.
You can add a few drops of food colouring to the white chocolate and then drizzle over the cake pops.
You can even use sprinkles, chocolate shavings ...Be creative!!