Martha Stewart's Cakes
- Tamra T. favorited Chocolate Bundt Cake 01 Aug 16:07
- hannah g. favorited Chocolate Bundt Cake 02 Jun 00:58
- Angel C. favorited Chocolate Bundt Cake 26 May 00:32
- Suzi T. favorited Chocolate Bundt Cake 22 May 12:35
- Emma G. favorited Chocolate Bundt Cake 18 May 16:30
- Hester A. favorited Chocolate Bundt Cake 16 May 22:09
- ale_corason favorited Chocolate Bundt Cake 15 May 01:22
- PG UK published her project Chocolate Bundt Cake 13 Mar 13:42
You Will Need
Make the cake: Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 14-cup Bundt pan. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix milk and sour cream in a glass measuring cup.
With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the milk mixture and beginning and ending with the flour; beat until just combined.
Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. (Cake can be stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic, up to 1 day.)
Make the glaze: Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan; pour over chocolate. Let stand 2 minutes. Add butter, and mix until smooth. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Pour glaze over cake.