Soft bread with a hint of banana fragrance, paired with moist and chocolaty filling, one word, AWESOME!
Yield: 1 bread loaf
Recipe: revised from // 天然、無添加的手作麵包
* notes *
1/ I have already decrease the use of sugar in the banana dough recipe. I think it tastes just right for sweetness (for Chinese). If you really want to lessen the consumption of the sugar, try take out some more sugar in the chocolate filling recipe.
2/ Always use ripe banana!
- Bev.o favorited Chocolate Banana Swirl Bread 12 Sep 07:30
- Rikki L. favorited Chocolate Banana Swirl Bread 07 Oct 13:26
- Kaiulani W. favorited Chocolate Banana Swirl Bread 10 Jul 01:36
- bitteraloevera favorited Chocolate Banana Swirl Bread 19 Oct 02:03
: chocolate sheet:
20g cake flour
1 egg white
80ml milk (warmed)
18g cocoa powder
1. Mix sugar and cake flour into the egg white until smooth.
2. Place milk in a saucepan and heat till just simmering.
3. Add coca powder into the milk and stir till cocoa powder is incorporated into milk.
4. Add egg white mixture into the cocoa mixture and stir over low fire till mixture thickens and form a thick lump.
5. Add in butter and stir till incorporated.
6. Leave to cool. Place in a plastic bag and roll into a square. Keep refrigerated before use.
In a large bowl, combine everything except butter. Beat until well blended using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
Add in butter and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball. Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover, and let rise in a warm place for 60 minutes (2.5~3 times larger in size).
After rising, roll the dough into a ball. Let rest for 25 minutes.