Meet my favorite winter squash, kabocha!
Kabocha squash is my favorite winter squash, with it's sweet flavor, creamy texture and lower carbohydrate and calorie count compared to other squash. This salad is perfect for batch cooking, since it lasts all week without getting soggy.
- Laura_927 favorited Chipotle Roasted Kabocha Squash And Kale Salad 30 Jun 08:26
- Cat Morley added Chipotle Roasted Kabocha Squash And Kale Salad to Lunch & Dinner 20 Jun 21:58
- Cat Morley favorited Chipotle Roasted Kabocha Squash And Kale Salad 20 Jun 21:58
- KelliDroze added Chipotle Roasted Kabocha Squash And Kale Salad to Food 21 Mar 02:33
- Rachael H. published their project Chipotle Roasted Kabocha Squash And Kale Salad 18 Dec 16:38
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, chipotle chili, adobo sauce, garlic, and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Add squash and toss to combine. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet, leaving plenty of room between each piece so it doesn't steam. Bake for 30-45 minutes until tender and browned, flipping halfway.
While squash is roasting, toast the almonds. I put mine in a small baking dish in the toaster oven, checking frequently to make sure they don't burn, or you could toast them in a small, dry skillet over medium-high heat.
Next, make the dressing. Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with lime juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper
When squash is done roasting, place kale in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with a little bit of the dressing. Massage the dressing into the leaves with your hands, which softens the kale. Add warm squash, almonds and feta. Serve with more dressing.