This recipe will make about 2 1/2 dozen or 30 cookies
These are the best Chewy Sugar Cookies!!!
- RareJewel favorited Chewy Sugar Cookies 28 Dec 16:19
- Tracy L. favorited Chewy Sugar Cookies 21 Dec 22:22
- Languid Seed added Chewy Sugar Cookies to Recipes! 14 Dec 09:30
- Crafterella featured Chewy Sugar Cookies 08 Dec 23:00
- EmmaInOtherland favorited Chewy Sugar Cookies 30 Nov 14:21
- Melissa Putnam published their project Chewy Sugar Cookies 26 Nov 09:00
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
*In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes on med-high
Add in the whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla, then mix again until it is incorporated
*Put in the baking soda, salt, and flour, all at once then mix on low until it just comes together.
*Scoop out with a 1 oz portion scoop (small ice cream scoop or like a melon ball scoop) on to a buttered baking sheet
*Bake for 7-9 minutes until the edges are barely browned. Do not overcook, or they will be crunchy and not chewy.
*While they are still warm you can dip them in decorating sugar or add frosting and decorate with some sprinkles!! (My personal favorite)