A delicious and easy addition to your Christmas cookie basket
- Lee Rose added Chewy Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies to recipes 07 Feb 22:12
- Kaiulani W. favorited Chewy Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies 10 Jul 01:53
- Lejka B. added Chewy Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies to Everything 18 Feb 18:29
- Dori V. added Chewy Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies to to do- 19 Jan 21:13
- Emma H. added Chewy Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies to Tea/Dinner Party 06 Jan 20:31
- BlauPiepmatz favorited Chewy Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies 04 Jan 19:39
- Penny F. added Chewy Chocolate Ginger Molasses Cookies to Baking 25 Dec 12:38
You Will Need
Chop chocolate into ¼-inch chunks; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in 1½ teaspoons boiling water; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter with brown sugar until combined. Add fresh ginger and mix until combined. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Slowly add to butter mixture, mixing until well combined.
Add baking soda mixture and molasses; mix to combine. Stir in chocolate; Transfer to refrigerator. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 325°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Using a 2-inch ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet, 2½ inches apart. If you have a smaller scoop, reduce the baking time by a couple minutes; if you have a larger scoop, the baking time remains the same. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
Roll dough balls in granulated sugar and return to baking sheets. Transfer to oven and bake until surfaces crack slightly, about 18 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.