This is a beautiful and easy tart to make. It looks super impressive and festive and tastes fresh and delicious. There's no need to use only tomatoes on the vine, individual tomatoes will look just as pretty. I made the tart with blue cheese, but I can imagine it with goat cheese too and the original feta as well.
recipe adapted from Ricardo Cuisine magazine
- In a food processor, pulse flour butter until resembles coarse sand.
- Add milk and pulse until the dough begins to form a bowl.
- Wrap dough in a plastic wrap and place in the fridge to cool for 30 min.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough and place in a 14x4-inch tart pan, trim the edges.
- Place the tart pan in the freezer for 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch.
- Add eggs, dill and whisk well. Add seasoning if using.
- Pour the filling into the crust, sprinkle blue cheese on top.
- Carefully place tomato vines on the filling.
- Bake for 30 min or until filling is firm.