Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas come together in no time – and that makes me happy. Quick dinners are something we all need in our arsenal of recipes.
The heat in these chicken enchiladas is on the mild side but you most definitely can turn the heat up by using a spicier salsa and even dicing up a jalapeno if you want. I love this recipe for more than how wonderful it tastes – I love that you can use leftover chicken (or pick up some of the rotisserie chicken from the store) and that most of us will already have the ingredients already on hand!
*you can replace the chicken with ground beef if desired
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 02 Mar 14:39
- Robert B. commented on Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 08 Aug 21:31
- Lisa K. replied to a comment on her project Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 06 Aug 14:06
- jesta b. favorited Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 29 Jul 22:21
- BH3 commented on Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 27 Jul 22:58
- BH3 favorited Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 27 Jul 22:58
- Crafterella featured Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 25 Jul 23:00
- Amanda V. favorited Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 25 Jul 01:21
- Lisa K. published her project Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas 24 Jul 09:00
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter and cook onions until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add shredded chicken and cumin. Mix well with the onions.
Add ¼ cup picante sauce and cream cheese and mix well. Cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Add ¾ cup shredded cheese; mix well until melted. Remove from heat.
Spoon about ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-sides down in prepared baking dish.