just as the title says, a newsboy hat with cat ears.
- Emily C. favorited Cat Ear Newsboy Hat 09 Feb 01:21
- pandanomz added Cat Ear Newsboy Hat to my list 08 Sep 14:35
- Laurelina favorited Cat Ear Newsboy Hat 14 Mar 21:15
- elyse.bertrand added Cat Ear Newsboy Hat to Projects to do later 08 Oct 19:00
- DocDoolittle favorited Cat Ear Newsboy Hat 04 Oct 11:16
- Zombie Babe favorited Cat Ear Newsboy Hat 14 Jul 08:14
- julianne215 favorited Cat Ear Newsboy Hat 02 Jul 03:58
- Grimgirl101 favorited Cat Ear Newsboy Hat 16 Jun 18:34
- vevaprice1990 added Cat Ear Newsboy Hat to to do 06 Jun 04:02
- Kaldra M. favorited Cat Ear Newsboy Hat 05 Jun 23:17
Cut out 8 triangles with a height of 7 inches and a base of 4 inches, 4 triangles with a height of 5 inches and a base of 7 inches (cut 2 using the fleece), 2 bills approximately the length of half the front of your head (don't forget seam allowance!), and a rectangle 6 inches tall and the length of around your head plus 1-2 inches.
For the ears, take the 5" by 7" triangles, and place the fleece on top of the felt. Sew along the edges. Fold the ears in half with the fleece facing inward. Set them aside.
For the hat's base, take 2 of the 7" by 4" triangles and with the side you want to see facing inward, sew along one of the longer edges. Open the 2 triangles and take another triangle placing it on one of the triangles you have just sewn together, and sew along the raw edge. Repeat this until you have sewn together 5 triangles.
Once you have sewn the 5 triangles together take the folded ears, and place them ( one on each of the end triangles ) with the folded edge facing the top of the triangles. Place a triangle on top of each ear so that the are sandwiched between the two triangles. Sew along the edge. Finally place the last triangle on one of the end triangles and sew along the edge. Fold the hat's base so that the 2 edge triangles are on top of one another, and sew along the edge.
For the brim, take the rectangle, and fold it in half lengthwise with the side you want to see facing outward. Sew the short edges together. Take the brim and with the folded edge facing up, place the raw edge of the brim over the raw edge of the hat's base like sides touching. Sew along the raw edge of the fabric folding a pleat at each triangle's seam. Flip the brim downward.
Sew the 2 bill pieces together. Next place the bill over the brim with like sides touching, and the arched part of the bill facing upward. Sew them together. Flip the bill down, and it's finished!