A 'simple' Two pocket utility apron.
After my first try at making aprons I made notes on thing I needed to change and this is my second try. I need an apron for an upcoming event with my shop (Shy Cat Jewelry) and so.... this.
Some notes on it and how I fixed the issues I was having on the previous apron-
-I quilted the back of the apron since I didn't have any stiff lining immediately available. I think this is one of the things that took the longest.
- I made the pockets lower and added a thicker waistband so it would sit properly.
-I just loosely hand-stitched the "patch" onto the fabric (I think it's referred to as a basting stitch but don't quote me on that....) before I did the embroidery.
-I ironed at almost every step to keep things flat and crisp.
-I made some bias tape out of spare fabric and did the edges and ties in them.
-I did some decorative quilting on the front pocket to add some stability.
Overall, I'm pleased with the way it fits and looks. I'm looking forward to wearing it to the event and not having to worry about where things are.
Mrs. Wolfe posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!