Real lemonade, the old-fashioned way!
This is our family recipe for old-fashioned lemonade. Once you've tried this one, you'll never go back to powdered mix, or the frozen can of concentrate! The best part is that it can be made organically, and there's no high-fructose corn syrup. This makes 2 quarts of sweet & tangy goodness, and you can adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- autumnrose.lee favorited Casa Rodman's Favorite Lemonade 27 Jan 01:33
- Sunnie favorited Casa Rodman's Favorite Lemonade 17 Feb 19:27
- Heather R. entered her project Casa Rodman's Favorite Lemonade to Secret Santa 29 Dec 18:16
- Suzi T. favorited Casa Rodman's Favorite Lemonade 07 Nov 21:45
- Heather R. published her project Casa Rodman's Favorite Lemonade 05 Nov 02:31
The tastiest way to make this particular lemonade is to squeeze your lemons fresh (although you can use bottled juice, and still have great results!) It will take about 9 medium lemons to make 1 1/2 cups of juice. To get the most out of them, leave lemons on the counter, at room temperature, for about an hour, prior to squeezing.
In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water, and 1 3/4 c. of sugar to a boil. Once it's boiling, shut the burner off, and let the mixture cool for a bit. You can add ice to the syrup, to speed up the cooling. It doesn't have to be really cold- just cool enough not to crack your pitcher!