Carrot Tea Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
All the goodness of a carrot cake with half the effort.
- Kimya J. favorited Carrot Tea Cake 15 Jun 21:51
- RareJewel favorited Carrot Tea Cake 05 Jun 21:48
- San added Carrot Tea Cake to Tea Party 01 May 17:33
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Carrot Tea Cake 19 Nov 22:09
- Emma H. added Carrot Tea Cake to Steampunk Tea Party 17 Jul 15:34
- Jackie G. added Carrot Tea Cake to Bread 09 Jul 15:15
- Penny F. added Carrot Tea Cake to Baking 27 Apr 10:01
- gettothepoint added Carrot Tea Cake to FOOD 25 Apr 01:11
- Olivia B. published her project Carrot Tea Cake 15 Apr 06:00
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9x5" loaf pan (I used Homemade Cake Release).
In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg).
In a mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy (on med-high speed).
Beat in eggs one at a time and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in carrots.
With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat until just combined.
Transfer the batter to the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, approx. 40 to 45 minutes.
Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn cake out onto a wire rack, and let cool completely.
Frosting: Using mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar, and ½ teaspoon vanilla until fluffy.
Spread on cooled cake.