Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake by Lovecrumbs, Edinburgh
Grease, flour & line 2 x 8” sandwich tins
Preheat oven to 180C
This cake will keep at room temperature for a couple of days.
Photo by Hollie Love Reid
- Emma H. favorited Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake 27 Sep 18:30
- CraftyCat added Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake to Cooking 23 Jun 04:46
- CraftyCat favorited Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake 23 Jun 04:46
- KMOM14 added Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake to To-make list 06 Mar 03:00
- Melia P. added Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake to Foodage! BOOM 28 Feb 05:13
- Cat Morley replied to a comment on Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake 19 Feb 11:51
- SugarNSpiceLily replied to a comment on Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake 19 Feb 03:12
- SugarNSpiceLily added Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake to A Bite To Eat 19 Feb 03:07
- Suzi T. favorited Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake 11 Feb 21:06
- Cat Morley commented on Carrot, Cardamom & Orange Cake 11 Feb 20:05
You Will Need
Combine the sugar and oil in a bowl and whisk together, stir in the carrots and orange zest, followed gradually by the eggs.
Sift the flour and cardamom together into a bowl then fold into the wet ingredients.
Divide the mixture evenly between the two tins and bake at 180C for 35 minutes - cake test with a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean the cake is ready, if not bake for a further 5 minutes and test again, repeat as necessary.
Once the cake tins are cool enough to handle turn out the cakes on to a wire rack to cool. Once they are completely cold start the icing.
Cream the butter and cream cheese together until very soft, then add the sifted icing sugar, followed by the orange juice. If the icing is a little slack add a little more icing sugar, if it is too thick add a little more juice.
Sandwich the cakes together with a few spoonfuls of the icing, then ice the top with another few spoonfuls of icing. Spread over the top with an even swirl, then decorate with orange zest.