Carnation Recipe 2:On Its Own
50 to 75 minicarnations, in assorted colors
Embroidery or lei-making needle
Monofilament or waxed thread
- Abby C. favorited Carnation Flowers 13 Jan 03:22
- Allie M. favorited Carnation Flowers 11 Jan 00:51
- isis.nallely favorited Carnation Flowers 12 Nov 06:12
- Suzi T. favorited Carnation Flowers 06 Sep 21:12
- Zombie Babe favorited Carnation Flowers 06 Sep 06:42
- AbsintheFairy favorited Carnation Flowers 04 Sep 18:19
Snip the blooms from their stems, keeping the green base of each flower intact. Thread the needle with the desired length of thread.
Insert the needle into the first bloom through the center of the petal side, so that it comes out in the middle of the green base. Add the next few blooms, varying the colors.
Pull the blooms all the way down the thread, leaving enough thread on the end to hang the completed garland.
Continue the process until all the blooms have been strung and the garland reaches the desired length.