Caribbean Chicken Soup with Parsley Dumplings
- Summer O. favorited Caribbean Chicken Soup 19 Jul 05:38
- samishy favorited Caribbean Chicken Soup 12 Nov 05:44
- Kala V. favorited Caribbean Chicken Soup 16 Jul 19:54
- Chudames favorited Caribbean Chicken Soup 12 Jun 22:46
- mowi m. favorited Caribbean Chicken Soup 01 Jun 14:36
- Emo Chick favorited Caribbean Chicken Soup 28 May 17:28
- C.Rami favorited Caribbean Chicken Soup 22 May 12:51
- Suzi T. favorited Caribbean Chicken Soup 22 May 12:27
- D. Samone added Caribbean Chicken Soup to Yummmmmmm 20 May 11:32
- Jehancancook published her project Caribbean Chicken Soup 17 Apr 20:07
You Will Need
Hold the 1 corn upright holding the pointed tip, using a knife, cut the corn downwards, 2-3 rows at a time. Repeat until all of the corn is cut off the cob. Next, using the back of the knife scrape corn cob to remove the milk bits. Set aside. Now cut the second ear of corn crosswise into 2 inch pieces. Set aside.
In a large stock pot over medium fire, melt margarine. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes until soft. Add garlic, thyme, bay leaf and wiri pepper then stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken thighs then add to pot. Cook for 5 minutes. Next add sweet potato, cut corn with the milky bits and chicken stock, bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, corn on the cob and coconut milk. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove chicken, shred when cool enough to hand. While chicken cools, add dumplings. Cover pot and cook for 5 minutes. Do not peep! Remove from heat, add shredded chicken. Sprinkle chopped parsley before serving.
Place flour in a bowl with salt, sugar and baking powder then mix to combine. Using a fork, cut margarine into flour until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Add 1 tsp chopped parsley and milk; using your hands mix to form dough. Roll dough into a log, and then cut into 1 inch pieces. Roll between palms to form the dumplings. Add to soup last 5 minutes of cooking.