This Caribbean chicken is browned in some sugar and cooked to perfection until it just falls apart on your fork.
- Raven favorited Caribbean Chicken 07 Jan 13:55
- Summer O. favorited Caribbean Chicken 19 May 06:01
- Quackers, Vino & Cheese favorited Caribbean Chicken 27 May 00:52
- Chudames favorited Caribbean Chicken 23 Mar 22:46
- Banndit1 added Caribbean Chicken to Food-To-Make 16 Feb 01:17
- Banndit1 favorited Caribbean Chicken 16 Feb 01:17
- Vicky C. published her project Caribbean Chicken 17 Nov 14:58
You Will Need
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, cilantro, salt, pepper, and thyme.
Add chicken, making sure to completely coat it in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven. Add sugar, stirring well so sugar melts. Turn heat up to high and stir until sugar starts to brown. Be careful not to burn it.
Transfer chicken from marinade into dutch oven and brown on all sides. You may need to do this in batches. Once browned, transfer to a plate.
Add remaining marinade from bowl into dutch oven. Add water and ketchup and stir well. Transfer chicken back into pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, remove lid and stir, turning chicken if needed, and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes until sauce has thickened and chicken is falling apart.