So easy and FREE
This is a really simple way to whip up an advent calendar with stuff you probably already have laying around the house!
There are lots of ways to change the tutorial if you dont have certain items on hand, for example...
If you dont have a sewing machine, you can simply glue the bottoms of the rolls shut.
If you dont have clothes pins, string the ribbon through one of the holes punched in the roll.
If you dont have toilet paper rolls handy, you can make small cylinders from paper, and then go from there.
I really wanted and advent calendar for my home this year, but I'm running low on fabric and didnt want to spend more money on decorations when I still have gifts to buy. So this worked out great because I had everything on had already, it was practically FREE! Just had to go buy some candy to fill it up, lol.
- Britsi favorited Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar 30 Nov 00:22
- Charis L. favorited Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar 23 Aug 22:01
- Taylor C. added Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar to To-make list 27 Oct 04:14
- Helen G. favorited Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar 19 May 20:03
- Helen S. added Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar to ideas 18 May 13:48
- MauiMami commented on Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar 13 May 05:37
- MauiMami favorited Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar 13 May 05:37
- Ella Light added Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar to Christmas 04 Apr 13:13
- jessica R. favorited Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar 28 Jan 12:15
- maowtroshka favorited Cardboard Roll Advent Calendar 28 Nov 04:40
You will need one roll for each day in you countdown.
1- Clean off the rolls, make sure you get all the little bits of paper that like to stick to the glue on the roll.
2- Flatten down your rolls, use something like a bone folder to really crease the fold.
3- Trim the top of the rolls into a point.
4- Sew the bottom of each roll shut and punch a hole in each side of the top. If you dont have a sewing machine you can glue the bottoms shut.