Home Made Winter
FOR ABOUT 12 SCONES
- Lotusburger favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 14 Jan 04:10
- The Domestic Goddess in Training added Cardamon & Orange Scones to Food 08 Mar 02:33
- Jenny Makes Stuff! favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 06 Mar 14:55
- Angel C. favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 04 Mar 20:22
- Paola favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 27 Feb 14:12
- Annie q. favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 24 Feb 16:01
- Regina K. favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 22 Feb 02:28
- ale_corason favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 21 Feb 21:21
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 21 Feb 20:54
- ZanyDays favorited Cardamon & Orange Scones 21 Feb 17:45
You Will Need
Make the scones: Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl. Cut the butter into small chunks and add it to the flour mixture; use a fork to work the mixture into a crumbly dough. Add the milk, marmalade, and cardamom. Work the mixture quickly and lightly into a smooth dough. Don’t knead too long or the scones will be tough.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ¾-inch (2- cm) thick. With a cutter or drinking glass, cut 1½-inch (6-cm) rounds. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Reroll the scraps and cut more rounds.
Let the scones stand for 15 minutes before baking, or make them the night before and let them rest in a cool spot.
Preheat the oven to 450°F (240°C). That’s hot!
Bake the scones for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Make the glaze: In a saucepan, heat the marmalade with 2 tbsp water, stir in the cardamom, then press the mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
Brush the scones with the syrup and sprinkle them with the orange zest.
Make the cream: Fold the orange blossom water and honey into the mascarpone and whip until airy.
Serve the scones with the mascarpone cream.