Easy to make and assemble, these ice cream sandwiches pair cardamom and caramel with buttery store bought cookies.
No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream with Cardamom
- Rachael H. favorited Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches 10 Jan 01:56
- Rachael H. added Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches to Food 10 Jan 01:56
- Melia P. added Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches to Foodage! BOOM 28 Feb 05:18
- Regina K. favorited Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches 12 Feb 03:21
- Suzi T. favorited Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches 11 Feb 17:24
- Jennifer R. commented on Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches 11 Feb 07:06
- Cristi L. favorited Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches 10 Feb 15:58
- ale_corason favorited Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches 09 Feb 22:36
- Sarah W. favorited Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches 09 Feb 12:28
- Maria N. published her project Cardamom Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches 17 Jan 18:14
You Will Need
In a small bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Slowly fold in the sweetened condensed milk mixture and the cardamom. Pour into a parchment or plastic wrap lined large loaf pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Spread a generous amount of dulce de leche on 10 of the 20 cookies. Set aside.
Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften. Put the ice cream into a mixing bowl and with the beater attachment, stir until softened and combined but not melted.
Using a large cookie or ice cream scoop, place one scoop of the softened ice cream on the other 10 cookies. Be careful not to scoop out any of the plastic wrap, if making the no churn ice cream! Spreading with an off set palate knife to the edges of the cookie. Sandwich the cookies together and return to the freezer until serving. Cover with plastic wrap if you plan to leave them in the freezer for more than 3 hours.