pretty sugar sculptures for your cupcakes!
I was planning on making coils of candy but after some technical difficulties I ended up with these! They are pretty easy, you just start with making lollypops but instead of putting the mixture into a mold you drizzle it into cold water.
- Sveta favorited Candy Cupcake Decorations 19 Jan 08:12
- Sunnie favorited Candy Cupcake Decorations 18 Feb 12:36
- Ashley W. favorited Candy Cupcake Decorations 21 May 17:42
- Johnna C. added Candy Cupcake Decorations to DIY I Need to Try! 09 Apr 04:30
- Johnna C. favorited Candy Cupcake Decorations 09 Apr 04:30
- Shaun L. favorited Candy Cupcake Decorations 25 Mar 22:16
- Rachel D. favorited Candy Cupcake Decorations 27 Nov 12:54
- Heather H. favorited Candy Cupcake Decorations 21 Nov 00:47
- Susi S. added Candy Cupcake Decorations to baking 30 Sep 20:20
- Saigeness M. favorited Candy Cupcake Decorations 11 Sep 15:47
Stir until the mixture starts to boil. You then need to cook without stirring until the mixture reaches 310 degrees Fahrenheit(or I think it would be 154 degrees Celsius, maybe?). Then take it off the burner and quickly add in your flavoring(you may need to use more than 1/4 teaspoons, mine didn't have too much flavor) and a few drops of food coloring if you want.
Scarlet-Begonias · Everett, Washington, US · 15 projects
Such a cool idea!!
RADGina · 2 projects
omg thats soo cool
Agnès · 14 projects
WOW it looks just awesome :o
Abbra, I have a question... I tried making these and had so much fun!!! Thanks for your post. However, they started to melt just a few minutes after I took them out of the water. I assume it was because they were still covered in water. What did you do to make them not melt?
Abbra P. · Jacksonville, Florida, US · 4 projects
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Caramel I don't know if maple syrup would work because it doesn't get hard like the candy does. And the flavoring is just extract
ʎǝuʇɹnoɔ · Wellington, Wellington, NZ · 6 projects
by flavouring, what do you mean?
I lv it. It i'm soo gunna have to try this 1
Heatherr M'Kay · 10 projects
Can you use normal maple syrup?
PENNY V. · Houston, Texas, US
Violinagin D. · West Monroe, Louisiana, US · 9 projects
ooh! Crack stage candy! My papaw lets us do this with some of out peanut brittle candy before we put all the vanilla and peanuts in! We do this to test the temp because we don't have a candy thermometer!