Write with White Calligraphy Ink on Dark Paper
Here are my tips on what I've found to be the best way to create calligraphy with white ink on dark papers. White ink can sometimes be tricky, so don't give up!
- Kinhime Dragon added Calligraphy On Dark Paper to Painting/Drawings 25 Nov 21:11
- Alissa B. favorited Calligraphy On Dark Paper 23 Nov 20:31
- Misti P. favorited Calligraphy On Dark Paper 28 Jun 02:11
- Erin M. commented on her project Calligraphy On Dark Paper 25 Jun 13:31
- CurlyMade commented on Calligraphy On Dark Paper 25 Jun 12:45
- CurlyMade favorited Calligraphy On Dark Paper 25 Jun 12:43
- Erin M. published her project Calligraphy On Dark Paper 25 Jun 06:00
First, you will need a good white ink. I find this Ziller ink to be the best and require the least amount of work. Some white inks you have to add water or gum arabic to, but this one has worked just fine without either! All you have to do is shake it very well before using, and be careful because this will likely create a bubble among the lid.
Then go over it with the calligraphy pen and white ink. On the upstrokes, I find its better to touch the pen very lightly to the paper and then just go back over it if its necessary to make the white stand out better.
Here's another example video--I find it very helpful to watch videos when practicing calligraphy.
Then you can just wipe away the soapstone pencil, it's super easy!