The New Chicago Diner Cookbook
This one’s for all you vegan hotties out there who need some spice in your life.
Yield: 6 burgers; 11/2 cups (356 mL)
© 2019 Jo A. Kaucher / Agate Publishing · Reproduced with permission.
- Summer O. favorited Cajun Black Bean Burgers With Creole Remoulade Sauce 22 May 05:41
- Catherine L. favorited Cajun Black Bean Burgers With Creole Remoulade Sauce 10 Jun 14:29
- Jane Z. favorited Cajun Black Bean Burgers With Creole Remoulade Sauce 11 May 02:21
- Emma H. favorited Cajun Black Bean Burgers With Creole Remoulade Sauce 04 May 00:59
- KelliDroze added Cajun Black Bean Burgers With Creole Remoulade Sauce to Food 29 Apr 05:15
- Agate Publishing published her project Cajun Black Bean Burgers With Creole Remoulade Sauce 11 Mar 09:35
You Will Need
To make the Creole Remoulade Sauce:
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients and set aside. (Save any leftover sauce in an airtight container; it will remain resh refrigerated for up to 2weeks.)
To make the Fried Jalapeños:
1. In a large skillet over medium−high heat, warm the oil until it begins to bubble.
2. Place the whole jalapeño peppers in the skillet and fry for 8minutes, until they appear slightly wilted. Be sure to move the peppers around frequently to ensure that they cook evenly and to prevent sticking. Remove the skillet from the heat.
3. Remove the jalapeño peppers from the skillet and place them on a plate lined with paper towels. Lett hem cool for 5 to 7 minutes and then slice them. Set aside.
To make the Sauté Mix:
1. In a large skillet over medium−high heat, warm the oil.
2. Once the oil is warm, add theo nion. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for5 to 7 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent and the mushrooms are soft.
3. Toss in the spinach and cook for 2to 4 minutes, until just wilted.
To assemble the Burgers:
1. Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Place the patties in the dry skillet for 6 to 8 minutes, long enough to warm them. Remove from the heat. Meanwhile, warm the buns in a toaster or oven on a piece of foil.
2. Transfer the bun bottoms to a serving platter. Place the patties on the bun bottoms and top each with about 1/3 cup (95 g) of the Saut. Mix, 4 to 6 jalapeno pepper slices, 2 tablespoons of the Remoulade Sauce, and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the vegan nacho cheese sauce.
Cooks’ Notes: Save yourself from doing dishes by making the jalapeno peppers first, discarding most of the oil, and then sauting the veggie mix in the same pan.
These burgers are particularly delicious with an ice-cold craft brewed beer.