Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Back when I was a kid the Cadbury Creme eggs and hard candy eggs were always my favorite. Now that I'm a little older the hard candy eggs really don't do much for me but my love for those little creme filled buggers is as strong as ever. Thus, these sickeningly sweet little babies were born.
I decided to bake them in the middle of a vanilla cupcake because I figured chocolate cupcake with chocolate egg and chocolate ganache may just kill me. Also this was a great excuse for me to try out Billy's Vanilla Vanilla Cupcakes which seem to be famed across the baking blogging world. Although really, mine should only contain one Vanilla in the title as I chose not to use his buttercream frosting.
I made 10 using the mini eggs and 2 using the larger size. My plan was to make them all with the minis but Kram was egging me on to use the large ones (hehe "egging" me on...I'm hilarious). The whole time I was like, "this will never work, this is just silly, you're crazy". Well, turns out the big eggs hold up better and the minis just sink to the bottom and burn. I hate it when he's right.
I had to half the original recipe to get how many I wanted, plus I don't have a mixer with the paddle attachment. I'll write out the recipe how I made it but if you want, a quick Google search will turn up more than a few links to the original.
Makes 12 Cupcakes
- acid favorited Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 27 Mar 11:47
- Kim commented on Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 26 Jan 22:57
- Kim favorited Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 26 Jan 22:56
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 16 Mar 15:39
- Calendula Rain favorited Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 05 Aug 19:06
- Andrea N. favorited Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 04 Aug 00:42
- kayleigh.kornaholic favorited Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 24 Jul 18:54
- Mariah K. favorited Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 20 Jul 04:21
- Joyce Z. favorited Cadbury Creme Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes 05 Jul 19:03
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celcius and line your pan with papers.
In a large bowl combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add butter and mix until just coated with flour.
Whisk together eggs, milk & vanilla. Using a hand mixer on the very lowest speed add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Do not over-beat your ingredients.
Bake for about 20mins, rotating halfway through. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan and remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate until smooth and transfer to a bowl. Chill, covered, stirring occasionally.
Remove from fridge and beat using a hand held mixer until fluffy. Top cupcakes.