Yummy honey lip balm (but don't eat it! :P hehe)
Natural honey lip balm.
The jojoba oil can be replaced with any liquid oil such as avocado, calendula, apricot or even olive oil if that's all you can get - they're all nourishing.
The coconut oil can be replaced with mango or shea butter.
The honey is optional, but it wouldn't be honey lip balm without it! Also, it adds antibacterial properties, particularly if you use manuka honey, and it tastes yummy!
Makes enough to fill a 30ml pot.
6g Natural Yellow Beeswax
8g Coconut Oil
4g Cocoa Butter
1/2 tsp Organic Honey
6 drops Vitamin E Oil
13g Jojoba Oil
- Danielle added Buzzy Bee Balm to Lip Balms 24 Jul 22:19
- Emma H. favorited Buzzy Bee Balm 10 May 00:31
- Amara A. favorited Buzzy Bee Balm 25 Mar 19:27
- nina.b added Buzzy Bee Balm to Cosmo 08 Nov 11:43
- J.N. Cahill added Buzzy Bee Balm to Home Remedies 25 Jul 03:12
- orenintre favorited Buzzy Bee Balm 29 Sep 11:19
Wash your glass jar in hot soapy water, rinse then put on a baking tray. Put it in a very low heat oven to sterelise until dry (about 20mins).
Meanwhile, in a pyrex jug (sat it a pan of water) gently melt the coconut oil with the beeswax and cocoa butter.
When melted, remove the jug from the pan.