A great way to use up all your odd buttons.
I bought a packet of white and cream buttons from a charity shop, and couldn’t figure out what to do with them. I eventually decided to sew them onto a pillow cover for our spare bedroom.
- 101419_2F2014-05-01-144912-heart+template.docx 24.6 KB [ Download ]
- Lisa S. added Button Heart Pillow to Dream Room 16 Oct 00:21
- Meredith A. added Button Heart Pillow to Miss Piggy's Bedroom 15 Sep 00:40
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Button Heart Pillow 19 Jul 05:41
- Chudames favorited Button Heart Pillow 15 Jun 20:59
- Suzi T. favorited Button Heart Pillow 30 Jul 16:33
- susie favorited Button Heart Pillow 28 Jul 09:31
- Thingsdeeloves published her project Button Heart Pillow 01 May 14:46
Print out the heart template, cut around the edges and trace onto your cover or fabric. You can also trace the pattern by taping the paper and cover onto a window or piece of glass. After that you’re able to sew on the buttons to fill up the space (this is where an embroidery hoop really helps). Don’t pull too tightly between the buttons, otherwise the fabric will pucker. When you’re done you can put the cover in the washing machine (gentle cycle) to wash off the pencil outline if necessary.