how-to shabby-chic style lampshade
Do you have an old lamp stand that needs brightening up, or are you trying to think of the perfect Mothers Day gift? If so, this is a really cost-effective way to recycle an old lamp, which when it’s finished will look so pretty in your home.
This lamp was really easy to make, all you need is an old lamp shade, a box of buttons and thin wire thread. It brightens up the room even when the light is turned off, and leaves pretty coloured patterns on the wall when the lamp is switched on.
- Emma H. favorited Button Covered Lamp Shade 26 Apr 11:09
- Lee Rose added Button Covered Lamp Shade to Vardo 15 Mar 22:26
- Sally B. favorited Button Covered Lamp Shade 13 Jul 22:14
- Mignon D. favorited Button Covered Lamp Shade 20 Jan 22:27
- Sarah C. favorited Button Covered Lamp Shade 14 Apr 00:17
- lvanwaal added Button Covered Lamp Shade to lampjes 24 Jan 20:40
- PsychoticWeirdo favorited Button Covered Lamp Shade 09 Sep 21:46
Completely remove the lampshade material with a sharp knife and a pair of scissors.
Thread the buttons on to several lengths of wire, leaving plenty of wire at each end to attach the lengths to the shade frame.
Attach the threaded buttons on to the lampshade by wrapping each end over the metal frame. Ensure you wrap the wire around the frame tightly.