very stand-out makeup for events, partys and photo shoots :)
First thing, let's be honest here, I do NOT claim the idea of this makeup to be mine! I've seen it on YouTube, but I wanted to share! :)
When I first saw this I was all like "So this is VERY pretty, but a) it's never going to work for me and b) I wouldn't know when to wear it. Well, obviously, I was wrong on both, I did it for a shooting with the ever-so-amazing Alina K. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/FotoAlina/184312604947823) and it turned out GREAT!
Sorry, no step-by-step images. Should have taken some. :(
- Melissa Beth favorited Butterfly Makeup 10 Dec 04:18
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Butterfly Makeup 29 Feb 19:32
- ShiiMin favorited Butterfly Makeup 12 Feb 16:11
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Butterfly Makeup 17 Nov 01:46
- Emma H. favorited Butterfly Makeup 31 Oct 23:49
- HarukaMS added Butterfly Makeup to Beauty~ 08 Jul 06:16
- Meredith T. favorited Butterfly Makeup 02 Jul 03:01
- Conner W. favorited Butterfly Makeup 27 Jun 14:45
- Maxine M. added Butterfly Makeup to To-make list 20 Apr 06:28
- Julia E. favorited Butterfly Makeup 28 Mar 19:05
Create a template of butterfly wings, make sure the size is about right and you have seperate upper and lower wing parts.
Either just print them out and blacken the backside of the paper with any given marker/pen. Paper makes this really light and easy to work with, but you may not be able to reuse them.
Or use thin black cardboard, they get heavier and sturdier.
Cut your wings out using an exacto knife or anything else you find usefull.
Optional: You could try and curl the wings a tiny little bit, just to make sure they won't touch your face all the time. I bended the inner tips upward a little.
Apply your desired makeup. Either go for dramatic black and blue glamour or - which is what I did - apply light, soft colours with a shimmer.
I also used black liquid liner to create my usual eyeliner routine, and I also added a thin, jerky, squiggly ( would not know how to describe it otherwise ) line going upwards from the outer third of my lid. Obviously. Aaand I added tiny dots. Because I love dots. ;)
Basically you're done now. Of course this will feel a little weird at first and you should make sure your don't wipe your face by accident or get your hair all tangled with the wings.
But there's one more thing I'd suggest: Get in front of a mirror and blink! Just blink. And look what happens. <3