"With this jacket, I will...I will...I will set your mother on fire."
In a Burda magazine that is as old as the hills, well, from 2004, i found a pattern for a nice biker jacket with asymmetric closure. As i lost my beloved lined jacket in a train two years ago (rip)i decided to give it a try! Though i changed the pattern to my size.
i really wondered that this ancient magazine was astonishingly up-to-date, i think i´ll do some more projects out of this issue!
The original wasn´t lined but fortunately, with a bit of knowledge from my patternmaking lessons and another jacket in the magazine it was no problem to add it.
it´s inspired by Tim Burton movies from the colour range and especially the swirls and bats.
So, the jacket is made from black twill fabric that was really malicious. i bought it for 4.90€ per metre and it says it is cotton, maybe it is but i really have a feeling that it switched to kevlar or something when i came with my needles to pin...xD
it has a button-down revers collar, two zipper pockets (a fake one at the front, one in the sidewise front seam), a button-down flap at the front, zippered and buttoned cuffs, buttoned epaulettes on the shoulders and i added elbow patches with a spiral stitching.
The lining is a violet acetat and handpainted with bats and a cameo with a deer in. it was my first time using freezer paper, i was so excited when i got my role of it and even more excited when i used it for the first time :)
All in all, i paid about 30€ for materials, zipper are so expensive and it took me ages to find the right ones!
The attaching of the collar stand to the collar and the sewing of the pointed edges was a bit more tricky, but the rest was easy, just time-consuming (all the topstitching and the painting).
And, i realized that it fits perfectly to my iron fist sequined swirly high heels :D ... and my wall...
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Burtonesque Biker Jacket 23 Jul 06:29
- Momoka added Burtonesque Biker Jacket to coat ideas 07 Sep 21:16
- Nicole V. added Burtonesque Biker Jacket to Jacket 15 Jul 12:42
- Stitches added Burtonesque Biker Jacket to Punk 30 Jan 01:37
- Ninja Potato favorited Burtonesque Biker Jacket 02 Sep 06:53
- Cheshire x. favorited Burtonesque Biker Jacket 02 Sep 02:19
- noraroni favorited Burtonesque Biker Jacket 08 May 03:29
- Plicka favorited Burtonesque Biker Jacket 19 Jan 06:24
- Lorelai P. favorited Burtonesque Biker Jacket 14 Jan 23:33
- celia.nichols.7 favorited Burtonesque Biker Jacket 11 Jan 01:07
So posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!