Based on Burlesque Bustle Skirt by Becca K.
My second version of Becca's Burlesque Bustle Skirt!
I found just a tiny scrap (about a quarter of a metre) of black and white striped cotton in the remnants bin at my local fabric store. I divided it according to Becca's proportions 3:2:1, but each strip was very thin, narrower than I wanted them to be. So I added a strip of white cotton about 3 inches wide, to each strip of the striped fabric, which made the proportions nicer.
Then I gathered as before. This time, when I added the lace edging, I folded and pleated the lace to go around the corners more nicely -- I'd do this in future, for sure.
I really like the look of this one -- for some reasons, stripes are awesome! And because of the white strip of fabric attached to the black and white striped one, the top layer of the bustle looks like a piano keyboard :)
- margaret w. favorited Burlesque Bustle Skirt 07 Feb 08:37
- Cathy J. favorited Burlesque Bustle Skirt 22 Jan 19:23
- Bhevarri favorited Burlesque Bustle Skirt 09 Dec 00:32
- AnitaBrassiere.Burlesque favorited Burlesque Bustle Skirt 18 Mar 21:34
- Rachel F. favorited Burlesque Bustle Skirt 20 Jan 22:34
- Deimos S. favorited Burlesque Bustle Skirt 19 Jul 07:02
You Will Need
dangerous mezzo posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!