A sponge cake made to look like a burger!
My husband loves burgers, so for his latest birthday cake I decided he could have his burger & eat it too :)
I made two basic sponge cakes, one in a rounded pan that made the curved top of the bun. I then made a chocolate cake (which I had to cut in half because it was too thick!) to act as the burger. I then used food dye gels to dye royal icing (I just squished it in my fingers until the colour had spread evenly) & then cut into the appropriate shapes to represent the cheese, tomatoes & lettuce.
I did also put some sesame seeds on the top of the bun (I was going to use Rice Krispies but we didn't have any.
And then I put a side of "burger relish" (strawberry jam) in a little pot.
My husband was chuffed :)
- Munnazah C. added Burger Cake to Fun and great foods! 09 Nov 18:09
- Munnazah C. favorited Burger Cake 09 Nov 18:09
- Laura T. favorited Burger Cake 21 Dec 05:30
- Taylor.Boles53708 favorited Burger Cake 19 Dec 20:08
- SAMFOB entered her project Burger Cake to The Deli Garage 24 Jun 22:18
- Patience W. favorited Burger Cake 22 Jun 01:08
SAMFOB posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!