Wool Craft ~ Budding Artist Gift Roll
Alex turned 13 yesterday. My baby is officially a teen. From Don and I this year, he got a good pocket knife, and some cash... but as I was going to bed, I realised that I really wanted to give him something homemade too. So I pulled out some of his favorite art supplies (and a new note book from a friend for his birthday) and made him a pencil roll with a sketch book holder.
It was super easy, so I thought I would share how, just in case someone has a budding artist in their family.
- wondertide favorited Budding Artist Gift Roll 01 May 07:36
- Coyote added Budding Artist Gift Roll to To-make list 13 Jun 03:37
- Conner W. added Budding Artist Gift Roll to Office/school supplies 06 Feb 18:56
- Tiffanezep K. favorited Budding Artist Gift Roll 27 Mar 22:27
- nina.b added Budding Artist Gift Roll to Interesting 15 Nov 23:55
- Jodie P. favorited Budding Artist Gift Roll 21 Oct 19:42
- Conner W. added Budding Artist Gift Roll to gift ideas 16 Jul 14:38
- Conner W. added Budding Artist Gift Roll to craft ideas 16 Jul 14:38
- Roughwaters44 favorited Budding Artist Gift Roll 08 Jul 04:21
- mr.nawaabfuzzumspompom favorited Budding Artist Gift Roll 06 Jun 11:37
Sew this pocket down on the 1 1/4 inch marks across the entire pocket. When you are sewing down pockets like this, you always start the needle ON the pocket, back stitch over the pockets edge on the fabric and then stitch down again. This way, the stress point is never on the edge of the pocket and it makes your whole project last longer.
Then you take the two pocket pieces (one opening on the left side (for the book) and the other (for the pencils) opening to the top) and pin them together. In that seam add the small piece of elastic to go around the button or, like I did, a recycled shoe lace. Sew up the seam with a small strait stitch and remember to back stitch a few times over the ties as this will be another point of stress.
Add all your art supplies and fold up to tuck into a bag or carry on bag.