Easy Homemade Cronuts made from Puff Pastry
Cronuts are on the rise! Here is a simple way to get your Cronut fix!
- 106309_2F2014-12-19-144319-cronut-8.jpg 345 KB [ Download ]
- Sveta favorited Homemade Cronuts 20 Oct 00:08
- Pamela J. favorited Homemade Cronuts 31 May 22:22
- Janay S. favorited Homemade Cronuts 05 May 20:44
- Rosalie E. favorited Homemade Cronuts 29 Apr 22:51
- debbie.williamsmaynard favorited Homemade Cronuts 25 Apr 23:19
- Brianna R. added Homemade Cronuts to Cooking 24 Apr 13:55
- PK favorited Homemade Cronuts 23 Apr 15:47
- Diana P. favorited Homemade Cronuts 23 Apr 01:50
- 4gracey favorited Homemade Cronuts 21 Apr 18:25
- Glenda W. favorited Homemade Cronuts 20 Apr 00:24
Sprinkle flour on a clean flat kitchen surface. Take one puff pastry sheet and place on top of the floured surface. With a pastry brush, brush the inside of the puff pastry sheet with egg and fold into thirds (like you would a letter). Repeat the same process with the other puff pastry sheet and place both sheets into the freezer for 15 minutes to set
Begin to heat the oil to 350 Degrees in a deep fryer. Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and using a doughnut cutter about 1 1/2-2 inches in width, and begin to cut out doughnuts on the puff pastry. Do not open the puff pastry sheet. Leave as is. Save the scraps to make doughnut holes.
Place the doughnuts in the hot oil and fry for 5 minutes while flipping on each side until golden brown and puffed. Use a slotted spoon and remove from oil and turn to a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat process for all doughnuts.
In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, salt, and vanilla exact until smooth. Dip each finished doughnut into the glaze and place on a cooling rack until ready to serve.