The Green Kitchen
This is a wonderful quick salad that has a nice crunchy texture and fresh flavours. Sweet raisins and fresh pomegranate meet raw broccoli, coated in a yoghurt dressing – you are in for a taste experience. It is great as a side dish or as a light lunch with a slice of toasted rye bread.
- Emo Chick favorited Broccoli Salad With Pomegranate & Raisins 10 Jan 20:01
- Chrissy B. added Broccoli Salad With Pomegranate & Raisins to food (savoury) 14 Oct 21:14
- Chrissy B. favorited Broccoli Salad With Pomegranate & Raisins 14 Oct 21:10
- KaitKim favorited Broccoli Salad With Pomegranate & Raisins 26 Jul 23:54
- ZanyDays favorited Broccoli Salad With Pomegranate & Raisins 26 Jul 17:12
Separate the broccoli florets from the stalk and cut them into smaller, bite-sized pieces. Cut the remaining stalk in half and finely slice.
Place in a serving bowl, together with the onion, pomegranate arils, raisins and sunflower seeds. Toss to combine. Add the yoghurt, salt, and pepper, to taste. Use your hands to mix together making sure that all broccoli florets are coated in yoghurt. Serve.
Tip: The traditional way to make this salad is with mayonnaise. Our version is lighter but you could use mayonnaise instead or use half and half.
Tip: For a vegan alternative, use soy yoghurt.