Kids' Halloween rings are too cute not to upcycle!
I love these plastic Halloween rings! Sadly, they are meant for kids... which meant they were too small for me t wear. So I decided to make hair clips I could wear year round!
- Thaty F. favorited Bright Bats Plastic Hair Clips 25 Aug 16:18
- Helen W. added Bright Bats Plastic Hair Clips to Bat Costume 16 Sep 20:05
- ThatLittleWhiteRabbit favorited Bright Bats Plastic Hair Clips 04 Sep 08:33
- shutupnoba favorited Bright Bats Plastic Hair Clips 02 Feb 14:52
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Bright Bats Plastic Hair Clips 03 Jan 17:40
- HantuPenanggal favorited Bright Bats Plastic Hair Clips 15 Aug 05:31
Pop, pry, twist, or use any method necessary to separate the plastic ring part from the front. Use fine grit sandpaper to smooth any rough edges. I like these bats because they just pop right off the part that's supposed to go around your finger.
Take a small piece of felt, and use the hot glue gun to attach it to the back of the bat. Let it cool completely, then use small scissors to trim them edges so they can't be seen from the front. I used black felt because my hair is black, but it doesn't really matter what color you choose!
From here, you have a lot of choices. You could glue them to an alligator clip, a snap barette with a pad area, or sew them to snap clips, like I did. I make hair piecess, so I had lots of those. And because of the felt, its easy to use a needle and thread to secure the bat through the small holes on each side. Or you could put them on a headband...