my wedding fascinator with attached birdcage veil.
I was in a complete panic a few days before my wedding, because I was not having much luck at all making a veil/headpiece that I thought would go with my sort of retro/casual dress. Also, I discovered that french netting is a bitch! Haha. I had to keep stitching through the whole yard and a half to gather it and then try it on and then take it out and trim it and do it again... really, I probably wasted 5 hours just on that part! But once the veil was a nice shape, I still had not idea what to put it on!
I remembered the gorgeous floral applique I had purchased (I originally thought of putting it on my black satin shrug, in order to dress it up a bit, but decided against it.) I carefully traced around it on a piece of white poster board, then cut that out. I covered that with a scrap of white satin fabric and used that as a base. Then I took some white saddle feathers I had, and thankfully they were already stitched together, so I just glued them on, making sure that they were facing with the curve in the direction I wanted. Then, I glued the actual applique on top of the satin base, and added the black hair clips to keep it in place. Finally, I carefully attached the veil after testing it out to see how to arrange it properly.
I love the finished product, I wish I could find more reasons to wear it. =P
- Andy A. added Bridal Headpiece With Veil to To Wear 05 Feb 13:47
- Andy A. favorited Bridal Headpiece With Veil 07 Mar 06:48
- TheYearlingBlog favorited Bridal Headpiece With Veil 11 Feb 20:22
- Cat Morley added Bridal Headpiece With Veil to Wedding 08 Feb 20:37
- Cat Morley commented on Bridal Headpiece With Veil 08 Feb 20:37
- Cat Morley favorited Bridal Headpiece With Veil 08 Feb 20:37
- rhiannonfaun favorited Bridal Headpiece With Veil 02 Dec 18:29
- Ashley W. favorited Bridal Headpiece With Veil 09 Apr 07:24
- gabriella.richbourg added Bridal Headpiece With Veil to headgear 11 Dec 08:06
- ciinandii favorited Bridal Headpiece With Veil 21 Jun 22:16
ErsatzEpiphany posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!
I love your dress too.
i will gladly make a tutorial, i just need to order another applique to use. actually, i have a small black lace one somewhere... maybe i can make a darker style one just so i can take photos of the steps!