The best headband to keep you warm all winter long
This is my favourite project to make! It knits up really quickly and the cabling isn't too intimidating. I would recommend this to knitters who are trying to cable for the first time! Plus it's super warm.
- Shelly O. added Braided Headband to Winter Bohem 27 Aug 18:16
- GreenAlice favorited Braided Headband 23 Mar 03:07
- lisa.piper.777 favorited Braided Headband 05 Feb 02:36
- meriel.poyiadjisosler favorited Braided Headband 26 Jan 19:18
- Chachee.rayna added Braided Headband to Yarns 05 Jan 04:42
- ale_corason favorited Braided Headband 29 Dec 06:08
- bigrthanlasagna favorited Braided Headband 26 Dec 11:50
- Laura H. published her project Braided Headband 16 Sep 21:39
For this project you'll be holding 2 strands of yarn together to get a bulkier feel, you can take both strands from the same ball of yarn, one that is easy to get on the outside, and one that might be harder to get from the inside of the ball. If you can't easily get the piece of yarn from the inside then you can either divide the ball of yarn that you have in half by rolling it, or you can use 2 different balls of yarn.
Cast on 11 stitches
Row 1: knit all stitches
Row 2: k1, p9, k1
Row 3: k1, slide 3 stitches onto double pointed needle & bring to back, k3, knit 3 from back, knit remaining stitches
Row 4: k1, p9, k1
Row 5: k4, slide 3 stitches onto double pointed needle & bring to front, k3, knit 3 from front, knit remaining stitch
Row 6: k1, p9, k1
Repeat rows 3-6 until it measures nicely around your head. It will stretch out a bit so it's ok to make it tight.
When it's a good length cast off leaving a long tail to sew the ends in together.