Keep shirts from sliding down your shoulders and keep bra straps in place.
I've heard these called many things - carriers, holders, bra wranglers, lingerie strap-straps, whatever. Basically they're belt loops for your bra straps.
Do you have shirts that constantly slip off your shoulders when you wear them? Or the other way around - do your bra straps refuse to stay in place? These nifty things help with both those problems. I've added them to clothes that have wide or deep necklines and have a tendency to want to fall off of me (so annoying!).
- AnA W. added Bra Strap Carriers to Shirts 19 May 16:08
- Key West Witch favorited Bra Strap Carriers 12 Sep 09:25
- Carol favorited Bra Strap Carriers 03 Jun 16:37
- Momoka added Bra Strap Carriers to accessories 24 Sep 20:25
- Pimke added Bra Strap Carriers to Upcycling 30 Jan 10:01
- LikeIceIsCold added Bra Strap Carriers to fashion 16 Jul 13:20
- LikeIceIsCold favorited Bra Strap Carriers 16 Jul 13:20
- 02jhseaby added Bra Strap Carriers to Try 07 Jun 17:01
- 02jhseaby favorited Bra Strap Carriers 07 Jun 17:01
- Elizabeth T. added Bra Strap Carriers to Random Ideas 07 Jan 23:17
First, stitch the bottom part of the snap to your shirt/dress on the inside of the shoulder seam. I'm sewing it on to a facing but you can also sew to the lining or the seam allowances, just don't stitch through to the outside.
Start with your knot underneath the facing/seam allowance if you can, you want to reduce bulk around the snap so the snaps can hold together well. I made a basic blanket stitch around my snap and tied my knot under the facing when I finished.