These bow necklaces were one of the first knits I ever designed. They are delicate and oh-so cute. As well as adding them to a necklace chain, try attaching them to other jewellery findings, such as a brooch pin or a ring blank, to create a whole set.
Across finished bow: 4cm
Bow width: 2.5cm
Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK
Colour choices: Light Blue (169),
Shrimpy (119) or Perky Pink (124)
King Cole Bamboo Cotton DK
Colour choice: Mint (517)
Amount: Approximately 5g for one bow
It is not necessary to work the bow to an
- Jessica S. favorited Bow Necklace 22 Feb 06:27
- rainbowjo86 favorited Bow Necklace 05 Sep 08:39
- psacissej favorited Bow Necklace 17 Jan 16:48
- Gretchen M. added Bow Necklace to TO-DO 24 Nov 19:28
- Nani N. favorited Bow Necklace 26 Oct 09:14
- gypsie_jay added Bow Necklace to Crochet Fun 05 Oct 14:49
- gypsie_jay favorited Bow Necklace 05 Oct 14:48
- maja.suspiria favorited Bow Necklace 10 Sep 16:12
- Jenna Joy favorited Bow Necklace 08 Sep 21:19
- Rebecca M. favorited Bow Necklace 27 Jul 20:59
To make the bow:
Using chosen colour, cast on 18 sts.
Work 10 rows in garter stitch (knit every row).
Cast off, leaving a long yarn tail. Thread the yarn tail onto a yarn needle. Bring the two side edges together and sew the seam using the garter stitch seam method. Insert the needle into the top loop of the stitch on one side and then in the bottom loop of the corresponding stitch on the other side. Continue alternating from side to side.
Weave in any stray yarn ends. Fold the bow with the seam at the centre back.
Pinch the centre of the bow together and firmly wrap a long length of yarn several times around the middle. Tie a double knot to secure and weave in the yarn ends.
To assemble the necklace
Using two pairs of slim jewellery pliers, open the jump rings and loop them onto a stitch halfway up the inside of each side of the bow, without closing shut. Lay the necklace chain through the jump ring on one side, and close it. Pass
one end of the chain through the center wrap of the bow and pull
it through gently until the lengths of chain are even. Lay the chain through the remaining open jump ring and close it to secure.