The perfect statement piece to add a bit of 'pizazz' to any outfit!
I got this idea when I was cutting up an old shirt. I was experimenting with the fabric, when - hey presto - I pinched the fabric in the middle and made a bow! Immediately I thought of all those wonderful bow necklaces I'd seen, and decided to make my own. But because I also liked it as a hair clip...and a brooch I rolled them all into one! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this project as much as I did!
P.S: The time limit includes drying time!
- Siru N. favorited Bow Necklace 07 Dec 18:32
- Taba__tina added Bow Necklace to accessori 04 Jan 18:28
- JJ J. favorited Bow Necklace 11 Dec 06:51
- craftgirl14 favorited Bow Necklace 23 Sep 20:03
- comradebunny favorited Bow Necklace 17 Sep 01:14
- Micah Davis J. favorited Bow Necklace 06 Jul 19:54
- Willow Bon-Bon entered her project Bow Necklace to BeadCrafty Contest 14 Dec 10:39
First, cut the cuff off your shirt and fold it in half. Secure in the centre, with a bit of wool - tie it as tight as you can.
Then, cut a small strip of fabric from the shirt and place over/wrap around the wool and fix with a couple of stitches.
Now is the time to decide whether you're making a necklace, a hair clip or a brooch...or all three!
If you're just making a necklace skip to step 4.
If you're making all three, sew on the brooch and glue on the hair clip using the glue gun and allow to dry.
Then sew the two fastenings into the top corners. This makes the chain detachable. You are done! Yay! Now quickly have a sip of tea and make another for a friend!
Take one side of the chain and sew it into the corner and do the same to the other corner.
Yippeeee! You've finished your superbly fantastic necklace!