Make your own Martin Margiela Botlle Lamp
When I saw this bottle lamp from Maison Martin Margiela, I thought: I can do this! So I grabbed that empty bottle of wine and bought a cheap lampshade to match it.
I think it looks pretty good considering it only cost me about 4 euros to make!
- Alecia B. favorited Bottle Lamp Diy 01 Jul 09:36
- Rebecca M. favorited Bottle Lamp Diy 21 Jun 16:48
- Maya E. favorited Bottle Lamp Diy 14 Mar 22:19
- Laura Lou added Bottle Lamp Diy to Home + Decoration 02 Aug 12:08
- Esteph H. favorited Bottle Lamp Diy 13 Jul 07:04
- Chudames favorited Bottle Lamp Diy 04 Apr 04:01
- Pimke added Bottle Lamp Diy to Upcycling 03 Mar 12:44
- Jenna Joy favorited Bottle Lamp Diy 28 Feb 03:15
- RareJewel favorited Bottle Lamp Diy 30 Nov 08:23
- Karen D. favorited Bottle Lamp Diy 06 Oct 01:19
1. Get an old wine bottle.
2. Get a diamond tipped drill, or use a simple engraving device like I did. Mine came from the Lidle, and was only ten euros. Place your bottle on a something soft like a towel and start drilling. If you are drilling with the diamond tipped drill, make sure to cool the glass of every minute or so. The drilling process can take a while, it took me about 20 minutes with my engraving tool to create the hole, because I didn't want to force it.
3. Remove the labels by soaking the bottle in hot water.
4. Take some wiring. I live in Holland and know that it's different in every country. So please ask the store where you buy your wiring from to tell you how to use it! Also make sure that you buy the pieces where you can place the lampshade on.
5. Take the wire and pull it trough the hole.
6. When the wire is running through the bottle, install all the wiring and place the lampshade on top.