Sunday afternoon crafts from Friday night's bottles
You have spend Friday night polishing off that bottle of booze with your best mates, on Saturday you couldn't even face the mess you have left in the kitchen but wait...before you start throwing away those empty bottles on Sunday, thing about what fabulous things your could make from them!
- Emma H. favorited Booze Bottle Lamp 21 Jan 12:33
- judithchen added Booze Bottle Lamp to Kourtney 24 Nov 11:13
- Barn commented on Booze Bottle Lamp 23 Oct 23:03
- aimee p. added Booze Bottle Lamp to christmas 21 Sep 20:55
- sharplittlebyrd favorited Booze Bottle Lamp 01 Jun 00:06
- dianna.saraceni added Booze Bottle Lamp to Wine bottle art 19 Apr 04:20
- tmissy76 added Booze Bottle Lamp to lamps 09 Apr 06:57
- C.Rami favorited Booze Bottle Lamp 16 Mar 20:07
- kelsey.brockerville favorited Booze Bottle Lamp 05 Mar 12:53
- The.Chaze favorited Booze Bottle Lamp 04 Mar 03:15
I started by soaking the bottle in hot water until the labels fell off. This also helped to clean out the bottle.
It's up to you whether you want to do this part as you might prefer the look of your bottle with the label still on. Leave your bottle to dry upside down as you down want to mix electricals with water. and when dry you will be ready to start.
BE CAREFUL WHEN WIRING THE LIGHT!
This part is very dangerous, if you wire the light incorrectly, then you could electrocute yourself so please Google how to do this before you start.
I took my piece of wire and striped it back as required. I then hooked it up to the light fitting and put a wire cap on the earth wire.
Note: you only need to connect the earth wire to the fitting if it is metal. My fitting is plastic so I just capped it off - do NOT leave any loose wires hanging without capping them.
I also tested my light worked before completing the next step