Goodbye boring old book, hello cool new decor!
I've seen these around the internet and decided to try making my own. This is my first tutorial and I forgot to take pictures while making it so please bear with me.
And I apologize for any over explaining. Just trying to make up for lack of pictures.
- Blanca G. favorited Book Mobile 05 Sep 04:38
- Karen L. favorited Book Mobile 23 Sep 19:28
- chang.shai favorited Book Mobile 26 May 03:01
- allie.james.900 favorited Book Mobile 03 Mar 08:40
- toughandcool added Book Mobile to poo 23 Feb 20:21
- Corinne S. favorited Book Mobile 31 Jan 01:52
- ajenne w. favorited Book Mobile 12 Jul 16:28
- Pramodini Arela favorited Book Mobile 11 Jun 02:40
- Pramodini Arela added Book Mobile to To-make list 11 Mar 01:50
- pinna.condor favorited Book Mobile 09 Mar 13:08
Now for the fun stuff. So the pages are still held together with the book glue so you have to pull the pages off. I only did a few at a time to try and keep them from ripping. Some of them stayed together in pairs or groups of three which made for some cool loops.
Tip: The fullness of your mobile depends on how many pages you use. I only needed about half of mine.
Now time for the fun (and time consuming) part! Start glueing your loops.
Put your glue on one of the long edges of the paper and fold it over but make sure there's no crease. This is also where those paperclips come in handy. Clip/pin both sides and leave it to dry.
Tip: It's best to leave a bit of a 'tail' so it'll be easier to put the loops together later.
When your glue's dry you can stand the loops on end and arrange them how you see fit. Glue them together to get your design then glue the mass of pages to the cover.
Give it a good bit to dry and then hang it from the ceiling :)
If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to answer them. Other than that, Enjoy!