Knitting with Giant Needles
Yarn for the hat
Schachenmayr original Boston, 100g in 00092 (mid grey)
Yarn for the pom-pom
Small amounts of Schachenmayr original Apiretto, in 08119 (powder), 08145 (raspberry), and 08105 (lilac)
1 pair of 7mm (UK2/US101⁄2) needles
- Lotusburger favorited Bobble Hat 11 Jan 13:56
- Key West Witch favorited Bobble Hat 05 May 00:29
- Sofia favorited Bobble Hat 12 Mar 14:08
- Bianca B. favorited Bobble Hat 16 Dec 17:41
- Chudames favorited Bobble Hat 28 Jul 17:22
- Carol B. favorited Bobble Hat 09 Feb 12:21
- Cara B. favorited Bobble Hat 15 Jan 17:00
- Karen D. favorited Bobble Hat 10 Jan 02:26
- Elise S. favorited Bobble Hat 14 Dec 22:48
- Bella Trix favorited Bobble Hat 05 Nov 13:05
This hat is knitted in rows in garter stitch. The rounded shape is achieved by knitting shortened rows (as for the baskets).
Cast on 30 stitches.
Row 1: K24, leave 6 rem sts on needle, turn. Row 2: K14, leave rem sts on needle, turn. Row 3: K.
Row 4: K.
Row 5: K26, leave 4 rem stitches on needle, turn. Row 6: K.
Rep rows 1–6 as required.
Cast off when the hat is the desired size to fit your head. Graft the first and last rows together. At the top of the hat, run a strand of yarn through the edge and draw it together. Finally, sew on the pink pom-pom.